DULWICH ACUPUNCTURE TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. PRACTITIONER LISTING
2. SEMINARS & COURSES
1. PRACTITIONER LISTING TERMS & CONDITIONS
Any person using this register is entirely responsible for verifying the authenticity of the practitioners on this list, their professional qualifications, memberships, other credentials, professional insurance held and all other relevant details.
Dulwich Acupuncture does not vouch for the competency of any of the practitioners on this list, or the treatments or other services they might offer.
Dulwich Acupuncture and its staff are neither recommending, nor endorsing, any of the practitioners listed here, the treatments or other services or products they offer or sell, in any way whatsoever.
People using this listing accept that the Practitioner Listing and all information published on it is merely an on-line listing and is published for the public interest. The information for each listing is provided by the individual practitioner and not by Dulwich Acupuncture.
The content on the Practitioner Listing is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
By submitting personal information, practitioners are entirely responsible for updating their information and taking regular and necessary steps to ensure that their listing is correct in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.
This listing is available to the general public and as such any person requesting to be in this listing is entirely responsible for any contact or communication that may ensue as a result, of being on this listing.
UPLOADING CONTENT TO OUR PRACTITIONER LISTING
- Any content you upload to our Site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
- Dulwich Acupuncture also has the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our Site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
- Dulwich Acupuncture will not be responsible, or liable to any third party, for the content or accuracy of any content posted by practitioners or any other user of this listing.
- Dulwich Acupuncture has the right to remove any posting if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Terms, or any other reason that Dulwich Acupuncture sees fit. There is no inherent right to be able to publish your details in this listing.
- The views expressed by other users on this listing do not represent our views or values.
- Request to have content in your listing updated, deleted or amended must be made by writing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
These Terms apply to any and all material, which practitioners upload to this listing and which must comply with the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any content as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate and honest (where they state facts e.g. number of hours studied etc).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Content must not:
- Contain any material, which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material, which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trademark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from, reflect, represent, are supported or endorsed by Dulwich acupuncture or any of its staff.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Dulwich Acupuncture will determine, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of this listing. When a breach of this policy has occurred, Dulwich Acupuncture may take action, as deemed appropriate.
LIMITATION OF OUR LIABILITY
Dulwich Acupuncture will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our Site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our Site.
- If you are a business user, please note that in particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
- Dulwich Acupuncture assumes no responsibility for the content of websites linked on the listing. Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by Dulwich Acupuncture of those linked websites.
2. SEMINARS & COURSES TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Terms and Conditions relate to the courses and seminars provided by Dulwich Acupuncture. By booking any of the courses provided you will be deemed to have read, understood and acknowledged this agreement and to be bound by its terms and conditions.
Dulwich Acupuncture reserves the right to change, amend, alter or remove any of the Terms and Conditions at any time. Any changes made will be notified via the website; delegates agree to abide by the most recent version of these and with no retrospective effect. These Terms and Conditions were last updated in March 2016.
Our courses are only open to professionally and suitably qualified practitioners or senior acupuncture students with permission to practice.
The Japanese Acupuncture Rolling Programme is only open to those who are professionally qualified as above and who have attended our Foundation Course.
On all courses practical needling techniques can only be carried out by professionally qualified and insured acupuncturists, or senior students with permission to practice.
If in doubt about your suitability for any course please contact the office.
Dulwich Acupuncture may make further enquiries to satisfy itself that the details provided are true and reserves the right to refuse booking or admission.
PAYMENT AND REFUND
1) Payment of fees
Dulwich Acupuncture accepts payments by cheque. Please note that the places on the seminar are not guaranteed until payment has been cleared.
2) Refund of fees
Dulwich Acupuncture will refund any fees paid by the original method of payment. Certain payment methods, such as PayPal have a time limit on refunds. Therefore if it is not possible to refund by the original method, Dulwich Acupuncture reserves the right to refund the payment by alternative means.
Refunds can only be allowed up to 31 days from the date it was issued. An email notification will be sent out on the day the refund is issued to advise for collection. After this period has expired, Dulwich Acupuncture will not be responsible for any uncollected refunds.
Dulwich Acupuncture reserves the right to enforce its published payment deadlines for all courses and seminars as outlined.
CANCELLATION AND TRANSFER POLICY
Transfers for courses are only granted in certain circumstances, and fee conditions apply. These are detailed below.
1) Delegate Cancels a Booking
If a written request by letter or an e-mail is received by Dulwich Acupuncture at least 30 days before the start of the course the delegate will receive a refund of the fee paid, less an administration fee of £11. The course confirmation letter sent to delegates when they book will show the exact cut off date for any cancellations expiring at midnight on that day.
If a written request is received by Dulwich Acupuncture less than 30 days, but more than 14 days before the start of the course, the delegate will receive a refund of the fee paid, less 25% plus an administration fee of £11. The course confirmation letter sent to delegates when they book will show the exact cut off date for any cancellations expiring at midnight on that day.
If a written request is received by Dulwich Acupuncture less than 14 days before the start of the course no refund can be made. Delegates may have the option to transfer their booking (see item 4 Delegate Requests a Transfer to Another Course) The course confirmation letter sent to delegates when they book will show the exact cut off date for any cancellations expiring at midnight on that day.
2) Dulwich Acupuncture Cancels a Course
If Dulwich Acupuncture cancels a course and cannot offer a suitable alternative then a full refund will be given.
Force Majeure Dulwich Acupuncture cannot be held responsible for any cancellation or associated losses resulting from Acts of God, Acts of Government, employment or student disputes at the course venue or any other circumstances beyond Dulwich Acupuncture’s reasonable control (“force majeure”) necessitating the cancellation of the course.
In the event of any force majeure cancellation as referred to above, Dulwich Acupuncture will endeavour to give delegates notice of such cancellation and to provide an alternative date and venue. If the course is cancelled as a result of force majeure, and no alternative can be offered, Dulwich Acupuncture will at its discretion refund any fees paid by the delegate whenever possible, but will otherwise have no liability to the delegate. Dulwich Acupuncture recommends delegates take reasonable steps to insure themselves against such an eventuality.
3) Dulwich Acupuncture Changes the Date or Time of a Course
If Dulwich Acupuncture makes a change to the date or time of the course and the student is unable to attend due to the change, then a full refund will be given.
4) Delegate Requests a Transfer to Another Course
Students who wish to transfer their booking from one course to another may be able to do so, however requests can only be considered up to ten days prior to the starting date of the course. All transfers are solely at the discretion of Dulwich Acupuncture. If allowed, a transfer fee of £11 is payable. Courses being transferred to should be on a like for like basis, e.g. Foundation course to Foundation course. No further transfers or refunds would be made available after the initial transfer.
Delegate Requests to Transfer a Booking to a Friend
Delegates who wish to transfer their booking to a friend need to make their request in writing. Dulwich Acupuncture. reserves the right to approve a request. If allowed a transfer fee of £11 is payable. No further transfers or refunds would be allowed.
NOTE: Delegates on the waiting list (see item 5 Waiting List) will be given priority over those transferring to a friend. If the delegate on the waiting list decides to take up the offer of a place filling the number of places available, no further transfers can be made unless a further place becomes available. Where a transfer cannot be made, a refund will be made according to the Refund Policy (see item 1 Delegate Cancels a Booking)
5) Waiting List
Dulwich Acupuncture will keep a waiting list as necessary for all courses. If a place becomes available to someone on the waiting list the fee payable will be that applicable at the date on which the offer is accepted.
In order to be fair to those on the waiting list a delegate who cannot attend may not be able to transfer their place. The waiting list will take priority over transferring delegates.
RECORDING OF SEMINARS
Dulwich Acupuncture may on occasion take photographs or make audio or video recordings of seminars for archival, publicity, educational and retail purposes. In accepting a place on one of our courses delegates consent to participate in such recordings and to the absolute right of Dulwich Acupuncture to use the photographs, audio or video recordings for archival, publicity, educational or retail purposes. This may include advertising, leaflets, web based media and DVDs.
Video or other digital recording by participants is not permitted at any of our seminars. Audio recording for personal study purposes is allowed but only with express permission of the organisers.
On completion of a course participants will receive a certificate of attendance.
It is the responsibility of the participant to collect this at the end of the seminar. Certificates will be in the name the delegate gives when booking: should a different name be required Dulwich Acupuncture must be advised in writing at least two weeks before the course.
Original certificates are not kept. If proof of attendance is requested later, e.g. for CPD verification, Dulwich Acupuncture can check attendance at past seminars and write a letter of confirmation for the participant. To do this we will charge an administration fee of £16.
Creation of duplicate certificates will incur an additional fee of £10 per certificate.
COPIES OF COURSE HANDOUTS
Copies of handouts cost £25 plus postage and are only available to course participants with proven attendance. Issuing unauthorised copies, selling and distribution of handouts would be considered a copyright infringement.
Injury to persons and loss of property
Dulwich Acupuncture will not be liable for injury to or death of any person attending or participating in a seminar organised by them or for any losses, claims, demands, actions, proceedings, damages, costs or expenses or other liability incurred by the delegate in connection with attendance at a seminar.
Dulwich Acupuncture accepts no liability for loss or damage to any personal property brought to the seminar venue.
When you book seminars through Dulwich Acupuncture we need to collect certain personal information as supplied by you. Dulwich Acupuncture will respect your privacy entirely and any information that you provide about yourself is always held securely. That information will only be used in the ways described below:
- To process quickly and accurately your request regarding products or services.
- To send you occasional emails about various products and services or other information that we feel may be of interest to you.
If you change your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number you must notify us directly. Dulwich Acupuncture is not responsible for notifications or other information not received due to a delegate’s contact information not being updated.
Only Dulwich Acupuncture will send you these direct mailings. You can choose not to receive e-mails from us at any time by informing us.
To opt out of our e-mailing list please send an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject “Removal from e-mailing list”. In this email please detail any and all email addresses you wish removed/deleted. Alternatively choose “unsubscribe” on receipt of an e-mail.
To have your information deleted from our database, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Removal from database”. We will then delete all your information from our database. Please note: if you have an account for ordering products from Dulwich Acupuncture Ltd this information will also be deleted.
Dulwich Acupuncture will not sell or exchange any of your details with any third parties for any reason except where necessary e.g. registered e-mail agency and/or our shipping company to facilitate the provision of goods and services to you.
Dulwich Acupuncture may also use your information to process any transactions you undertake with us and for internal administration and analysis.